Monday, April 21, 2008

Oh, Atlanta....

...I hear you calling, I'm coming back to you, one fine day...

Just got back from Atlanta, from YAW (yet another wedding). I was there for 24 hours, mostly due to the machinations (or lack thereof) of American Airlines. Thanks, FAA! I loved being at Chicago O'Hare for 6 hours. Mostly in planes that I then had to get off.

Lots of Atlanta ruminations. I forgot how much time I spent there in college. It all came back as I got lost on the winding roads lined with leafy green trees, just like I did almost ten summers ago.

I'd love to go back to Atlanta and spend some real time - it's surprisingly beautiful, I didn't remember that. Plus there are a lot of people I love there, and I got to see a couple of them. Hopefully B and I can go back and see more wonderful Southern friends. Although now we're talking about doing a bourbon-tasting trip through Tennessee and Kentucky. That, of course, means a requisite trip to Sewanee, possibly my favorite place on Earth besides the street I lived on in Paris in 2002.

Back to life. I think I may have to spend my day doing schoolwork at the office. I hate doing that, but at this point there's just no way around it.

No comments: