Friday, January 29, 2010

Kitchen Remodel: Phase ??

Lights! Color! Cabinets! It's all here! I've been a little lax this past week - most of you know I've had health issues so although I'm definitely on the mend, I have to work pretty hard to "listen to myself" and know when it's a day I need to just rest. So, I'm going to post the developments in stages for you. We're almost done - 2 weeks! Amazing! Once we put some finishing touches on the house ourselves, such as grounding some of the electrical circuits, getting vent covers, painting some woodwork, putting up pictures, and cleaning, we'll be ready to have a true housewarming party.

I have to say, I LOVE my new kitchen. And it's not even done yet!

So where were we? You'd seen the "before" and the post-demo. Now its time for the fun to begin!

1.After the framing, the drywalling.

the kitchen:
From Renovation


and the powder room:
From Renovation


2. Post-painting

In this picture, you can see the arch that we created between the dining room and kitchen, the frame of the island, and the wall cabinet boxes as well as the Colonial Revival Green of the kitchen paint.
From Renovation


Just for comparison... This was the entrance to the OLD kitchen.
From Kitchen

No comments: