Thursday, September 6, 2007

Contents of My Brain

I would love to sit here and spill the contents of my brain to you. At the moment, my brain is off scheming about ways I can take a nap. I could lay down on the floor of my office and close the door with a "Please Knock" sign. Or discover a way to be sitting up and....

I just did it, and for a moment was in far away deliciousness. But back to here and now.

I have discovered that I often present people with the outcome of a carefully considered chain of thought, without letting them know many (or any) of the steps in-between genesis and completion. It's a problem, and it gets worse when I'm tired. Sometimes, though, explaining myself to other people makes me feel exhausted. It also makes me feel as if others don't trust me. I know that it's probably a combination of my communication difficulties and a lack of trust on the part of others. It's me, and it's them.

Just zoned out again, this time with my eyes open. I can't wait for an uninterrupted nap. Or uninterrupted time, where I can just think.

No comments: