Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm Not the Only One!!!!!!!

Thank God, I am not the only one!

To help my students with mild learning disabilities realize that they were normal, I explained to them that I had trouble sometimes (OK, all of the time) telling my right from my left. Of course, for the rest of the time I taught them, they would say, "Miss C, a droite! A gauche!" I had taught them right and left in French, but I still couldn't tell right from left, in any language.

Apparently, others share my problem. I can't tell you how relieved I feel not to be crazy.

Which Is Right? - washingtonpost.com: "I can't tell right from left.

It hasn't been a serious problem. Except that night on a freeway heading into San Francisco when, befuddled by an 'Exit Left' sign, I hit the brakes and got totaled by a really fast sports car. Or the day I directed a footsore family of tourists 180 degrees away from the White House. Or the time I assembled an Ikea bookcase with the dowel holes for the shelves on the outside. Or the countless times I've annoyed my husband by telling him 'Turn, um, left. No wait, I'm sorry . . .'"

No comments: