Friday, June 13, 2008

Shock


I can't believe how sad I feel about Tim Russert's passing.

My mom called me, to make sure I knew, because every time I come visit her I watch Tim Russert. It's rare that a Sunday goes by when I don't watch him on Meet the Press. For the past six years, I watched him every week. I feel like he's a familiar friend, even though I never met him. His enthusiasm for politics and true goodness shone through to those of us watching on TV. I think about 1/2 of the conversations my boyfriend and I have involved Tim Russert. "Well, Tim Russert said this about it." He was the authority. We trusted him, we believed him, and we knew he would always ask the right questions and tell the truth. And we always knew he would root for the Buffalo Bills and the Boston College Eagles.

I feel for his family - so many people who had never met him loved him and are terribly sad, and how awful they must feel at this sudden and shocking loss. May God take care of them, and welcome Tim to heaven. Maybe he and my Gram can have a chat.

'Meet the Press' Host Collapses at Work.

No comments: