Thursday, March 4, 2010

An Old Friend

This weekend was a busy one! We had a party for B's birthday, which turned out great. It was actually a surprise! I don't have any pics, unfortunately, but I need to upload several from the past couple of weeks.

One of the nice surprises from this past weekend was an old friend who was in town for a PAC she's involved in. She's actually my oldest friend, someone I've known since 6th grade. She's now a doctor, married and from the short time I could tell, both happy and her same old self. She was always an intense person, full of life and vigor and strong opinions. It was so nice to see her, but we only got to hang out for a very short time so I felt kind of sad afterward. Distance definitely separates us from the people we love, and so much time can go by without seeing them.

She's considering a fellowship here in DC at Washington Hospital Center, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she ends up here in DC. Although maybe if she doesn't I'll just see her in another 10 years... ;)

No comments: