Thursday, June 8, 2006

My apologies

I know what you're thinking - here she goes again not posting! I have been out of town for the past two 1/2 weeks and this week started my new job and summer classes! The new job is great so far - it seems well organized and much less stressful than my previous employment. Summer class is interesting - it's in research methods, and we're starting by "getting to know ourselves" as researchers. As much as this sounds like hippie drivel (and I think we all know how I feel about hippies), it works quite well. For example, I tend to lean more toward believing in objectivist truth philosophies. At least that's my initial reaction. As I learn more about the various avenues I can take as a researcher, I might develop other thoughts.

I have not been reading the press as well as I should, although I found some fascinating articles about higher education in France for my course. Since this is one of my research interests, I might present a summary and some commentary as I read them! For now, suffice to say my postings may be a bit more erratic until I get used to this new summer schedule. At least I'm not sitting in front of a computer all day with nothing but my own thoughts banging around in my head. A good start, no? And let me tell you - filing can be meditative. Hahahaha.

No comments: