Wednesday, June 14, 2006

That liberal indoctrination!

I can't believe I've let you down in posting about the Hoover report. The latest - an article about how parents can "counteract the liberal indoctrination" of schools. Sigh. I don't have a problem with the book he mentions, nor do I refute any of the historical facts he gives (although they are a bit one-sided). However, I do take issue with the fact that our schools engage in liberal indocrtination. Come on. There are a myriad of factors that contribute to a child's political leanings, one of them being schools. Parents, the influence of television, and the media are all important other factors. I think we need to talk about real issues in schools. Plus, this writer has a stupid face. That's one of my big insults. I guess everyone can't be a hottie like Jorge Ramos. Me gusta.

"How to counteract educational indoctrination" (DetNews.com, June 10th 2006)

No comments: