Friday, September 1, 2006

When people say "Take a chill pill," they're usually talking to people like me. And I can say, I need one today. It's a little tough being on the firing line during the first week of school. Between students freaking out/almost crying/hyperventilating/being REALLY dumb sometimes, I feel like I need a week at the beach. And then there's the fun people who come into my office in suits demanding that I tell them where their whatever event is. As it happens, it's in the school of public policy. How would I know where it is? This is the business school. It's not my fault you're dumb. I wish I had a button that could make rude people disappear.

Just so you know, if you call a place and are polite to the person answering the phone, then you will get a lot further with them. Everyone has a double standard - if you smile and are polite, you can often get people to do a lot more for you. It also helps to be persistent in a polite way, because the squeaky wheel that you really like always gets the oil.

No comments: