Tuesday, July 21, 2009

digital paradigm shift

2nd comp question is discussing the impact of the digital paradigm shift on oral history. I'm moving away from "Isn't it great, we can post our stuff online" to "how will this impact our conceptions of self, memory, history?"

Thinking about a couple of different items that may help the thought processes although I need to track them down - recent articles on Facebook and how it has impacted adolescents and their conceptions of self, an article on how the internet has ruined our ability to remember anything (ok, exaggeration, obvi but you get the point), and... well, the fact that my colleague has done a lot of research on the internet and may have come across some research on behavior that may have resonance with what I'm doing. Clearly I have links to none of this. Forthcoming. Hopefully (I wish I could make that short like "obvi." "Hopefi?" Ugh.)

No comments: