Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The impossibility of anonymity when using "thick description"

That very long title just a ploy to see if I can get twitter to post more than just the title. I fear that this twitterfeed feedburner openurl stuff is beyond my technological capabilities (ironic, considering I'm writing an article about technological capabilities).

No, seriously, I am on my way to the library to check out When They Read What We Write which deals with this ethical issues of anonymity and thick description. Hope I can also find that Clifford Geertz book. Hmm. Dunno which one that is.

OK, thanks to Wikipedia. It is in the book of selected essays, The Interpretation of Cultures. However, thanks library, they are all checked out or missing. Guess this one is up to Amazon.com because you know (or at least, I'm about to tell you) how obsessed I am with original sources and not using Wikipedia and then just saying I actually read the book.

Off to get When They Read What We Write. C U later.

No comments: