Monday, July 20, 2009

Grr.

If I used inappropriate language more often in my blog instead of focusing on the proper way to cite conference proceedings using Chicago style, then maybe I too could be syndicated and quit my day job.

Former Wonkette intern, apparently. Wonkette is pretty funny, but I'm not sure this guy knows enough about higher ed to really sustain a blog.

The Diploma Mill. (Also I find the title annoying.)

UPDATE: The author is actually in college (Wheaton College). From the entry on development in higher ed, it didn't seem as if that's the perspective he's writing from. Does he realize that even though he might pay around $43,000 for comprehensive costs, it actually costs $55,600 educate one Wheaton College student (Sallie Mae notwithstanding)? (Thanks Google - from a Wheaton College fin aid primer) He cites one instance of a sexual harassment complaint in a development office to illustrate why development is evil. Those people help make sure you're not in more debt when you finish, bud. There are problems with development but this particular perspective on it is facile.

Also, he's just not that funny.

No comments: