Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gonna take a freight train, all the way to Georgia...

Well, maybe not THAT far South. We all know what evil lurks in Georgia. (Exboyfriends, KKK, 3 million roads named "Peachtree"...)

I was wishing that Sewanee had a higher profile in this article, when I remembered that in the last article about Sewanee in the New York Times, some dimwit alumnus said something to the effect of, "We don't want them Northerners in our school anyhow."

Sigh. Of all the Southern places Northerners are going, Sewanee might just be a tad too Southern for any of 'em. Heck, it was a tad too Southern from this girl from Florida. When I introduced myself and said I was from Florida, most of my classmates immediately piped up, "Florda's not thuh South." Got it. Thanks. Funny, because as I recall, we fought with the Confederacy during the Civil War. I guess the influx of New Yorkers changed all that.

"Southbound." (Moore, A. S. NYT, July 30th, 2006.)

No comments: